On June 21-22 in Dallas, Texas, Reuters Events will host the Utility Scale Solar and Wind North America Conference and Exhibition, connecting the whole value chain of leading asset managers, operators, developers, utilities, OEMs, and solution providers to optimize their commercial and technical portfolio management.
Solar and wind in North America are on an unstoppable trajectory, with more gigawatt-scale projects coming online this year than ever before.
However, new assets bring new challenges. To truly decarbonize the U.S. power grid, challenges in the supply chain, grid, battery storage, workforce shortages, aging existing assets, and tightening OPEX margins must be addressed now for solar and wind to continue transforming the energy landscape.
During the conference, 60-plus field-leading speakers representing the majority of the U.S.-installed solar and wind capacity and development pipeline will share their insights on how to address the challenges the wind and solar sectors face. These speakers include:
• Martin Mugica, President & CEO, Skyline Renewables.
• Mike Deggendorf, SVP, Regulated Infrastructure Development, American Electric Power.
• Valerie Barros, Director, Origination and Power Marketing, C&I, EDF Renewables North America.
• Scott Byer, Director, Business Development, Lightsource bp.
• Garrett Nilsen, Acting Director, Solar Energy Technologies Office at U.S. Department of Energy.
• Ron Grife, Director, Engineering, Leeward Renewable Energy.
• Yulia Lushnikova, Commercial Director, Operations & Maintenance/Asset Management, RES.
• Jared Kirk, VP, O&M Cypress Creek Renewables.
• Jacqueline DeRosa, VP, Energy Storage, Ameresco.
• Gabriel Yamal, Director of Development — Western Region (US) and Mexico, EDP Renewables.
• Dalen Copeland, VP, Strategic Initiatives, EDF Renewables.
• Elizabeth Laine, Head of DEI and Talent Development, Clearway Energy Group.
• Dana Herrera, General Manager, Asset Management, Renewables, Shell.
• Jorge Pedron, COO, Avangrid Renewables.
• Dan Summa, EVP, Asset Optimization, EDF Renewables.
• John Windsor, SVP, Renewable Generation, Liberty Power.
• Laura Caspari, VP, Head of Power Marketing and Commercial Strategy, ENGIE.
• Christopher Frantz, Managing Director — Operations, Excelsior Energy Capital.
• Meghan Semiao, Director, Asset Management, Longroad Energy.
• Anand Narayanan, VP, Asset Management, Arevon Energy.
• Leigh Zanone, Senior Director, Operation and Asset Management, 8minute Solar Energy.
• Shannon Streeter, Director of Supply Chain, Acciona Energy.
• Paul Zavesoff, Senior Director, Asset Management, Clearway Energy.
• Chris Frantz, Managing Director — Operations, Excelsior Energy Capital.
• Brad Purtell, VP, Services Business Development, Invenergy.
• Dylan Sontag, Director of Asset Operations and Performance Engineering, Silicon Ranch.
Key themes in the agenda to help streamline asset operation and management strategy and scale for success include:
• Optimize O&M Strategy for Maximum Performance and Minimum Costs: Understand the best practice in planning an O&M strategy with best O&M contracting and deployment to achieve long-term cost savings, extension of component life spans, and minimize asset downtime.
• Achieving Top Revenue from Assets: Learn how to plan for end-of-life asset management with repair, repower, and recycle. Get familiar with the latest financial requirements from dealing with PPA negotiation, merchant power, and storage-solution deployment to ensuring the maximum value is extracted from assets. Also, discover the latest in asset operation and management digitalization.
• Scale Portfolio with Success Despite Industry Bottlenecks: Thrive among the growing pains associated with scale. Adopt the best practices when dealing with interconnection challenges, meeting grid codes and triumph in portfolio expansion despite a bottlenecked supply chain and labor pool.
The plenary sessions will address cross-wind and solar challenges while two separate content streams for each sector will allow a deep dive into the technical aspects of solar and wind.
Join 400-plus senior solar and wind professionals to build the networks, collaborations, and learning that will scale your portfolio with success.
Sponsors and partners include Schneider Electric, Vinson & Elkins, ThoughtTrace, Solcast, Depcom Power, AlsoEnergy, WindESCo, SOLV Energy, Solis, Amerersco, Cypress Creek Renewables, Quadrical Ai, Cooke Power Services, Bazefield, Ardexa, Tech Wind Services, SenseHawk, UTD Wind, Raptor Maps, Skylark Control, BNSF Railway, Flender, DEHN, Renewable Parts, and Uptime Solar.