The Midwest wind power market is strong, and continues to be an anchor for the entire U.S. wind energy industry. Of the over 43,600 MWs of wind capacity installed in the U.S. through October 2011, over 14,600 MWs were installed in Midwestern states – that’s over 30% of total installed capacity.
Whether you are already involved in Midwest wind power activities, or want to learn more about entering into this growing marketplace, you won’t find a more relevant event. This new AWEA Regional Summit is a prime opportunity to engage in discussions with your peers, wind energy industry leaders, and subject matter experts on issues unique to the Midwest. And because this event is designed specifically for the region, the local business contacts and prospects you will develop will be invaluable. Learn about and discuss critical Midwest Wind Energy issues in these sessions:
- • Keynote Session: Wind Industry Leaders Roundtable
- • Midwest Wind Energy Market Assessment
- • Transmission Opportunities and Issues in the Midwest
- • Siting and Wildlife Issues
- • Wind Power as a Manufacturing Growth Engine in the Midwest
- • Community Relations and Local Acceptance in Sub-Regional Markets
- • Key Wind Power Issues Facing Utilities in the Midwest
The event will be held in Chicago at the downtown Fairmont Hotel, Millenium Park
March 6-7, 2012. Register here: www.awea.org/events/AWEA-Midwest-Wind-Energy-Markets-Seminar-2012.cfm.