The quest for smaller machine footprints continues as designers seek new ways to reduce machine size while increasing output. The Zero-Max CD coupling provides precise and reliable shaft connections in less space than other couplings. It operates without fatigue for reliable 24/7 operation required in the latest machine designs. Key to this CD coupling design is the composite flex element. It provides high torsional stiffness, yet allows for misalignment in high-stress applications. In addition, these zero-backlash CD couplings provide smooth operation at high speeds. The coupling’s high performance material is configured in a compact design that surpasses the performance of much longer couplings. The space savings enable machine designers to reduce the footprint, saving valuable floor space.
Specific specifications of the CD coupling include:
• 12-inch diameter
• 4.5 inches long
• Continuous Torque Rating: 76,800 inch-pounds
• Torsional Stiffness: 250,000 inch-pounds/degree
• Design Speed: 5,000 rpm
• Engineered specifically to operate in sub-critical speed
• Maximum Angular Misalignment: 1.5 inches
• Maximum Radial Misalignment: 0.045 inches
• Maximum axial misalignment: 0.2 inches
• Coupling inertia: 984 pounds/square-inch
• Coupling weight: 43.9 pounds
Designed around Zero-Max’s unique composite center disc, Compact CD couplings perform at peak torques in the most hostile operating environments — from extreme cold to hot weather conditions minus-70 degrees to 250 degrees F (minus-57 degrees to 121 degrees C). Applications include drive trains, gearboxes, and generators to provide trouble-free operation in sea water and abrasive desert-sand conditions.
For more information, go to www.zero-max.com