Snap-on Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches are engineered and tested for operation in Class 1 Division 2 hazardous environments (where flammable gases, vapors or liquids may potentially be present). Intrinsically safe equipment is defined as “equipment and wiring which is incapable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal or abnormal conditions to cause ignition of a hazardous atmosphere mixture in its most easily ignited concentration.”
Snap-on’s Intrinsically Safe ControlTech™ Torque Wrenches comply with key safety standards, including: IEC60079-0, IEC60079-11, UL121201, and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 213-17, UL 508 (Part One), and CAS C22.2 No. 14-13.The wrenches’ battery packs meet UL 2504 standards.
Designed for repeated use, the wrenches are accurate to ±2% clockwise, ±3% counterclockwise, providing data on the exact torque applied – something mechanical wrenches cannot do.
The wrenches come with a selection of interchangeable ISO/IZO heads to handle a variety of torquing applications. The wrenches are also Bluetooth® compatible, enabling recording of torque and turn-angle data. Data transfers using Snap-on’s CONNECTORQ app increase quality and traceability.
Key performance features include:
- Torque and angle combo modes to achieve torque, plus angle, in a single motion.
- Calibration factor for extensions and adapters.
- Dual side LED indicator lights with configurable settings for operational guidance.
- Easy-to-read LCD screen, LED indicator lights; audible beep and handle vibration work together to signal when torque is within the targeted range.
- On-board rechargeable NiMH battery and smart charging system via USB.
- Ingress protected for water and dust rated to IP55.
- Meets or exceeds ISO 6789 standard.
- All-steel body designed for industrial use.
- Two-year wrench warranty; one-year battery warranty.
- Battery cap with integral drop-prevention attachment point.
- Angle range zero to 360°.
Three models of wrenches are available:
- ISO shank; 9 x 12 mm (CTECHW1UA135); 60-1,195 torque range (in.-lbs.); 5-99.6 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 6.8-135 torque range (Nm).
- ISO shank; 14 x 18 mm (CTECHW1UB400); 177-3,540 torque range (in.-lbs.); 14.9-295 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 20-400 torque range (Nm).
- Sealed fixed ratchet; 3/4” (CTECHW1UR650); 288-5,753 torque range (in.-lbs.); 24-479.4 torque range (ft.-lbs.); 32.5-650 (Nm).
More info www.snap-on.com